Who on Stern

Sroundtable at aol.com Sroundtable at aol.com
Mon Feb 6 22:23:57 CST 2006

I know I mentioned The Who mentioned on Howard Stern recently, but today
there was a whole discussion about them with the band Collective Soul.   They
asked the band if they still did any covers and they responded that they  still
love to do Squeeze Box.  Robin and Fred were shocked that of all the  great Who
songs, SB was the one they liked.  Howard then said he didn't dig  the Who
because he hated Daltrey's voice and both Artie Lange and Fred  vehemently
disagreed.  Artie REALLY likes The Who, and specifically said  how great they are.
The guys from Collective Soul were clearly Who-head  also.  I would love to
see a poll of modern rock bands to see what classic  bands they were most
influence by.  I'd bet The Who would win.

Mc