Who or not Who

JimTheWhoFan at aol.com JimTheWhoFan at aol.com
Sat Feb 4 08:56:32 CST 2006

In a message dated 2/3/2006 10:32:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Sroundtable at aol.com writes:
>>They ARE The Who because THEY say they are.  It's time to get over it
already and just accept what we get. <<

NO!

I do NOT have to accept what they deign to give us. Look over much of Pete
Townshend's written output--one of his major themes is that people should NOT
accept what they're given. Should Bobby in LIFEHOUSE have accepted a world
without music? Should Jimmy just accept that his life has no meaning? What about
the residents in White City? Are they just to take what they're given? Should
Ray High just sit back and accept that he's a has-been?

Pete and Roger can do what they do. And I can comment on that output and
that's just the way it goes.