Falling in love

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Schrade"

> > As I think back, what really got me into the band was one thing: The
> > TKAA commercial on TV in 1979.
>
> I didn't get into them until '81.  MTV actually helped with that.  They
kept
> playing a promo for an upcoming, Sunday night, 1/2-hour Who special &
> the clip had some of "Magic Bus" in it.  "Magic Bus" is what grabbed my
> attention.

I can't remember the year, but it was before I saw them in November '82.  I
was familiar with a lot of their hits and was starting to explore deeper,
but what really got me hooked was Tommy.  It was so different from anything
else.

I also remember listening to the live stuff from '82 a lot, just because I
had seen them on that tour.  Obviously Leeds was only available in the
original "six live singles" version.  I really did not appreciate what they
were live, even though I had seen them.  In fact, it wasn't until the Leeds
remaster that I really understood what was so great about them.  Now I
listen to their live stuff far more than their studio albums.

Jim M