Re: Kinks...hijinks...summing up

> The Who are the more innovative and therefore the more important band.
> However they've never been all that popular (except for a brief period
> when Tommy and WN came out).

????

The Who were Rolling Stone Magazines "Band of the Year" *in 1979!*  Well
after TOMMY & WHO'S NEXT.  The Who were HUGE in the late '70s & early
'80s.  HUGE.  Much "bigger" than the Kinks.

The Kinks were a great band, but come on....  The general consensus among
"rock scholars & critics" is that The Who were a much bigger, better, &
more influential group than The Kinks.  I don't see how you can claim
otherwise.

- SCHRADE in Akron

The Council For Secular Humanism
http://www.secularhumanism.org/