Re: Buddy/Paul

Before I cut and paste myself into oblivion, for the sake of a fellow loyal
Who fan, I want to clarify what I was trying to post earlier.

Before I do, I have to start with my waiver that says, anymore, you don't
know who you really are talking to online.  I am going to assume now, that Paul
is/was who he said he was.  But, I won't be 100% sure of anything or anyone
after the recent goings on with impostors, etc.

This is the deal:

Paul in the UK (buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx) Emailed me a few weeks ago to give me
some much needed support and encouragement on IGTC.  We went back and forth each
day getting to know each other, sharing Who stories, etc., and then I didn't
hear from him.  At first, I didn't think too much about it.  Then I started
wondering, "why would he email back and forth each day and then nothing."  Each
time I wrote, no reply, until this morning.

Apparently, Paul passed away on Mar. 30th.  His last email to me was that
morning, before he left for work. He was a happily married man, father, sausage
deliveryman, Who fan with a impressive collection of Who recordings and two Who
tattoos.  He got to see the Who a few weeks ago and told me he had met an
American Who fan then and had a great time.

He was a nice fellow and the main reason why I don't think he was an impostor
is because he had a habit putting himself down. He never tried to make
himself out to be anything more then a sausage delivering Who fan.  He seemed very
sincere and sweet.  I got such a kick out of my new friend in the UK.

Apparently, his son was getting the emails I sent and finally responded to me
with the bad news.  I felt bad after knowing I had gotten mad about him not
responding, but I was thinking someone might be playing another joke on me.  I
still am not sure 100%

But, I'd rather err on the side of caution and let anyone who knew Paul, know
that he has crossed the line.........well have to share Who stories again,
some other time.

Johanna