Re: Who vs Stones

> I guess in my mind the major difference is the
> Stones have never left their
> garage band pick up roots, while the Who did.

Debbie:

Uh...what about Satanic Majesty's and Goat's Head
Soup? Also random songs like Dandelion (one of my
favorites) and Child Of The Moon? Country Tonk, for
that matter. I think it depends. I have a great love
of their more experimental stuff.

> I kind of looks like.....like.....the design that
> Mark has over his CD
> Store!
> I'm not kidding!
> Mark works for Geffin!  Mark works for Geffin!

Kevin:

Should I sue?
Actually, I've changed my sign since you saw that pic.
The new one has the guitarist on cover of the Cult CD
Sonic Temple, suitably changed so as not to violate
any copyrights. Not so Whocentric, you could say, but
still getting the message across. The store is still
called Generations, too.

> GIVE ME MELANCHOLIA!!!!
> Give me the entire Sell Out album.

I'd be there in a heartbeat, if they did this. How
about MG and SO, with a few other songs too?

> WN and Sell Out.
> No, wait, Sell Out and WAY.

No WN. That was the 2000 tour. No WAY...only half of
it is worth it.

> The Stones do sing about rape, underage sex, race,
> oil/drug cartels,
> prostitution, unemployment, murder, psychopaths,
> drug overdoses, etc...., all popular

Debbie:

Yeah, but they're the ones doing the deeds: "I can see
that you're fifteen years old/No I don't want your
I.D."

Ha! I needn't post the lyrics of Cocksucker Blues.

Coke? Pepsi? Pepsi's too sweet, Coke is definitely The
Who. But I'd say Gin instead. In which case the Stones
are Jack Daniels, chugged from the bottle.

"First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't
necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not
rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill."
         George "just a heads up" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML