Looking for 'da bomb'...and Pino's sound...

>From: Keithjmoon70@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Local Review of Then & Now
>
>Yeah, that's *really* cool. I'm hoping for sort of a Who Are You type of
>original song.  That song was a miracle.  How did Pete think of that sound?

No miracle about it.
Rather, hour after hour after hour after very-long-hour of nodding with his guitar run though a synth.
Pete was/is a sythensizer nut.

>Pete is excited about being in the Who,
>he isn't trying to *leave* the Who,

I hear ya, but I just can't draw that conclusion yet.
I fear he's just appeasing Roger.
But, he's Pete Townshend, and will do what ever he puts his mind to, very well.

>and he just passed through two very big
>tests that have put him into a very deep and sober state of mind.  I want to
>hear what he's been thinking on this new project.

That *is* a very unique outcome of the recent dramas.
You can imagine that it only causes a person to really focus on what's important.

>Pete didn't forget that young
>people are still people and that young ones are the ones that turn the age.

Pete always has been the teacher, hasn't he?
Hell, he taught us, there's no reason he can't teach our kids too.

>From: Marcus Surrealius <bushchoked@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Pino and Set list...
>
>> What other band garners *that* kind of dream when
>> they're about to release a new album.
>> I can't think of one.
>
>I can. XTC, The Kinks, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam...oh, I
>can think of plenty.

Ummmm, none of the bands you list above have even come *close* to the sort of song like BBE, Baba, WGFA, WAY (could even throw in Bargain and a number of others).
Those are all grand songs that are proven and have stood the test of time.
Look at all the airplay they still get some 30 years later.
Hell, the only band up there that can whisper the same would be Floyd with "Money", and still you can't put that song anywhere *near* the songs by The Who I've listed.

Come on Mark, are you telling us that the above bands compete with The Who?
If so, please tear up your membership card, 'cause you obviously don't have any more use for it!