Re: the who night 1 fotos

I wasn't answering the question.  I just used the thread title to point out
that Pete is using Hiwatts it looks like.  But there are Fenders behind him
too. Does he need a little more volume this time out?

Here's the tech review from Kim and Lester on Relayers:

The venue is tiny, well thumbed and grubby, standing on lower floor,
seated in two layers of balcony, this makes the Guildhall and Watford
seem like virtual arenas in size by comparison(!) - clear these are going to be
VERY intimate shows in every way!

Spotted and chatted to Mark Brzeziki of White City, (Big Country, On The Air),
he was in the table seats in the upper balcony, 'VIP only' they are marked!

Roger is in great voice already, though the dropped the mic at the end
of the harmonica section of BOR, and forgot the words in LROM! 'I used to know
the word to that one, a senile moment, it comes with the bus pass', (given to over
60's)! The harp playing itself was fantastic, until the last 20 secs'!

RD : It doesn't matter how much you rehearse, you never get the same sound as on
stage, so it all goes out the ****ing window

Pete said very little except, before Eminence Front 'Needless to say, we are
very very very very glad, happy, delighted to see you here'!

He's using the Fender Vibro King+extension cab AND the Hiwatt half stack,
blended together, it really sings on solos, has a very solid, fat sound with chords. He just
played the Clapton sig Strats all night, Roger played one too, a pewter, at the same time as Pete
played that same colour, Roger also played a Taylor acoustic, which became literally unplugged during
RGLB! He has a Fender electic amp and a small Trace for acoustic.

Simon is playing a black Gibson Chet Atkins acoustic, and an old Tele. He played
and sang extremely well all night.

Zak is on top form, very busy all night, drove the band along

Pino played very solidly all evening, he's using Ashdown amps, but his sound is
much more plummy, rounded bass, not the solid bottom, plus treble that was JAE's
trademark, so it was a marked different Who, tonally in the bass area of the spectrum. Did
a good job, IOHO.

The Hammond Rabbit is playing is a work of woodworking art, as is the
accompanying Leslie cab which stood behind him, played well tonight, great touches all night,
LROM in particular. Another one who played a blinder tonight.

Spotted and chatted to Mark Brzeziki of White City, (Big Country, On The Air),
he was in the table seats in the upper balcony, 'VIP only' they are marked!

The vocal harmonies sound good, and well rehearsed, ICE still needs some work in
this area only, but that it not unusual at the start of a Who tour, they are trying for the higher key,
not necessarily with great success(!)

Opening RD sings : 'Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner.......'

Who Are You
I Can't Explain
Substitute
Three visceral opening songs, perfectly executed
Anyway Anyhow Anywhere

Another Tricky Day
RD: Song we have not played for a while!
Good version, though noticeably different without JAE

Bargain
Baba O'Riley
Behind Blue Eyes
RD : It doesn't matter how much you rehearse, you never get the same sound as on
stage, so
it all goes out the ****ing window
5:15
Sea and Sand
Love Reign O'er Me - great guitar solos by Pete
Eminence Front (PT: 'a song about people who get too big for their boots')
You Better You Bet
Real Good Looking Boy PT: The is the song I wrote about you lot........
Sounds great live! PT : I haven't mentioned this before, that's our new single!
They've moved us
from
the label for dead people, to the label for living people!

The Kids Are Alright - improv lines from PT/RD changed, shorter than in 2002
My Generation segued with:
Old Red Wine
Won't Get Fooled Again
Encore: (all Electric, in case you were wondering)!
Pinball Wizard
Amazing Journey+Sparks
See Me Feel Me+ Listening To You

RD at end: Ain't it ****ing ironic, we're doing a concert for a cancer thing,
and your're all
****ing smoking,
urrgh, the irony, Good Night!

The above is barely criticism, btw - the band are actually in tremendous shape
<already>,
with the intimate venue, and an extremely loud stage, these shows are a
different flavour, and very
sweet treat
before RAH!

It sounds great, play after play. There was a card handed out to promote 'The
Who 2004 Encore Series' (and an IOW flyer) - this CD is certainly worth getting!

K+L

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page  FREE download! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/