RE: ORW and Darkness on the Edge of Town

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 23:57:23 -0600
From: Alan McKendree <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ORW

> Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:18:33 -0500
> From: "Jim M" <petenotped@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I am reminded of a few other things, though.  In Old Red Wine, the
> piano
> sounds like something off of Springsteen's Darkness On the Edge of
> Town to
> me.

Absolutely.  You beat me to it.  If it's not identical to the piano
break in that song it's damn close.  Even sounds like the same key.

That's right! I kept forgetting to post that as well It's not the same exact notes, but practically the same sound and tone and mood. And the piano is used the exact same way as in Darkness.

-gern

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page  FREE download! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/