Re: More comments on new tunes

> > What the fuck *is* an anthem?!"
>
> Of course, WGFA is one.  Baba O'Riley (happy St. Patrick's day)
> is another. Hmmm. Slipkid?

"Slipkid?"  No, that's not an anthem.  I wouldn't even consider
"Love, Reign O'er Me" an anthem.  Is "Pinball Wizard" an anthem?

I guess "Baba" is one.  WGFA, yes.  "My Generation," yes.  That's
three.  Oh wait, "Who Are You" is one.  Right?  That's four.

Four anthems.  One in 1965.  Two in 1971.  And one more in 1978.

So, what have we learned?  We've learned that, while highly bene-
ficial, an anthem is not needed in order for a Who album to be
considered successful or meaningful.

- SCHRADE in Akron

The Council For Secular Humanism
http://www.secularhumanism.org/