Re: New Songs - my take

In a message dated 3/14/2004 8:39:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
brianinatlanta2001@xxxxxxxxx writes:
it doesn't take too much
scratching to realize the song bristles with barely
suppressed anger at John for dying. Most telling is
the lines "Old red wine/Not worth a dime" right after
the lines that reference the tart he was in bed with
at the time of his death. The line practically
screams, "how could you sniff cocaine to impress some
whore and kill yourself when I loved you so!" Pete's
guitar solo at the end re-states that anger musically.

I don't know if you'll get this reply, but thanks Brian.  That was a concise
wonderfully written, educated summary.

Jon in Mi.