Re: 1989 tommy video and then some

In 1989, Pete did play acoustic for at least half of the shows.

In the first half of the tour, the band played a Tommy opening for about 30
minutes, an interlude type acoustic Townshend set, then went into other
songs.  Pete really did not pick up the electric guitar until Who are You or
Trick of the Light/Boris the Spider.

In the second leg on (or about half of the tour, I think), the band ditched
the intermission (except for the Tommy benefit).  Pete played electric on I
Can't Explain, but it was a shared lead type thing.  Pete did not solo
extensively.  Regarding My Generation, it was so over produced that on the
occasions that Pete did play electric, you could not hear it.  Bolton was on
stage the entire show, even during My Generation as he played lead, except
when the band freelanced a little in the encore.  There was no jamming as I
remember during the main set.

Throughout the entire tour, Pete played second guitar for the most part.  On
nearly every song, you can hear Bolton's strange interpretations.  This is
most annoying, especially during the solo/fill portions in Won't Get Fooled
Again, Hey Joe, I'm a Man (I know Roger played here too), the Real Me, and
Who are You (I may have missed some).

This overblown band at times was more like a cover band than a "Who" band.
At the time it seemed cool, now as I look back it seems way too
overproduced.