Who's amp? - a bit more insght......

Who's amp?
Pete Townshend records with new Brit amp 08-Mar-04

UK amp makers Bluetone have been praised by the Who guitarist Pete Townshend. The veteran rocker took time of from recording a new Who album say this of the Bluetone Pro 30M combo amp... "I love the gentle, old 60's sound of this amp. It needs a classic guitar to complete the promise of authentic sound, but any high-power pick up creates a warm, smooth sound that falls into distortion in a truly progressive manner so the set up is great for recording where fine adjustments are necessary. With an old Rickenbacker I got that magic 12-string into the tall chrome-framed Vox stack sound (like George Harrison on stage with The Beatles). Amazing, I'd forgotten how great that sound is. To get an aggressive sound out of this rig is not hard, it just doesn't compare to the warmer settings. A truly special amp, really good for recording and - I imagine - for club dates and using at home."
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=1399

Kevin in VT

Confidentiality Notice: