EW WHO ALBUM COULD FEATURE ENTWHISTLE

This was sent to me by someone - I'm not sure where it
orginated from.

-MB

NEW WHO ALBUM COULD FEATURE ENTWHISTLE
Tuesday 2 March 2004 07:59am
The late John Entwistle could make an appearance on The Who's next album.
The band wants to resurrect a bassline Entwistle recorded during rehearsals shortly before his cocaine-fuelled death in a Las Vegas hotel room.
As the only two remaining band members, Roger Daltrey and guitarist Pete Townshend have hired musicians to fill in for drummer Keith Moon, who died from an accidental overdose in 1978, and Entwhistle.
Their album is the first in 21 years, and will be followed by a world tour.
Daltrey told Virgin Radio: "He'll be missed. We were with John for 38 years and when you've been with someone that long, it is an incredible connection.
"How can we carry on without John? What is extraordinary is when you get up there and there's two of us and there's Pino Palladino on bass, you can still hear John playing because the music is so structured."
The singer, 60, said they were still writing songs with the late bassist in mind.
"You get an instinct for what their input would have been and I think Pete's musical ability will write a bass part that would be John's bass."
Daltrey told Virgin Radio's Ben Jones: "We've got a rehearsal tape of John playing one of the songs. We are thinking about using it on the album."
After bursting onto the scene in 1965, The Who became the leading Mod band with hits like My Generation and Substitute.