Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V11 #22

Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:18:03 -0000
From: "John Hughes" <pureneasy@xxxxxxxxx>
I can't believe they'd be so petty as to cut out
John songs just because he's dead.

See my original point - if they couldn't play one, just once, on the 2002
tour, what was that about?

If it was too emotional to play one - why not say so?

I really never gave it a second thought. To me it was obvious that playing one (any) of John's songs would just rub it in that he was gone. I assumed that also was why they tossed The Real Me, as it was a traditional John showcase. In retrospect, I'm surprised they kept 5:15.

Cheers,
Alan
"the average Texan...carries not just a gun but a SHOTGUN." --Pete Townshend, 1967