RE: The Who Mailing List Digest V11 #46

Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:20:20 -0500
From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: A Who Shirt Makes Its Movie Debut

I went to see the movie Lost In Translation last night.  Bill Murray.
Good flick.

Anyway, before the movie they showed a trailer for the upcoming Jim
Carrey movie called Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (honest,
that's the title) & in one scene Jim Carrey was shown wearing a Who
'TOMMY on Broadway' shirt.  The yellow one with mainly black lettering.
Just like the one I own!

Boy, did *that* grab my eye! ("Holy shit! That was a Who shirt!")

Yeah, I remember that off the DVD. By the way, I thought Lost in Translation was excellent! I was expecting to not like it. I mean cripes, directed by Sophia Coppolla...what else do you need to have going for you but to have your father as one of the best directors ever, his contacts, resources, etc. All bitterness aside, she made one great movie (very understated and dry). She wrote it too, which is even more impressive.

-gern

Stay informed on Election 2004 and the race to Super Tuesday. http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx