Re: Pino on Bass

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:39:39 -0500
From: "O'Neal, Kevin W." <Kevin.ONeal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

No, I meant why not tell us at the time in the post-show parkinglot activities/discussions. Then again, where the hell did you make off to after the show?

I had transferred all my bags to John Weidele's van before the show, and we had to split immediately after. Even at that we had to drive all night to New Jersey to get in at dawn and catch a few Z's before going to the Camden show.

John and Pete still had their tensions, even into 2001. It probably is deeper than whoever-
fills-in-stage-right, but that's one place it's expressed.

Able to expand on that? Why the tensions? Left over tensions? If so, from what? We always hear about tensions between Roger and Pete, and Roger and...., but The Ox was always quiet. Hell, the worst thing I've ever heard Pete say about Ox was that he never contributed to band discussions. Never said what what on his mind.

I think John chafed under the amount of control Pete exerted. When Pete wanted to tour, it was tourtime. Until then, everyone else was on their own.

m very ambivalent about this tour, especially given the recent announcement about Pino, and Roger saying this is the last year (still not confirmed).
It's a damn far distance from where we were, and the direction we were going the day before Who-Tour 2002.
Wow.
It's staggering to think about it.

Listen to boots of Watford or any of the other February 2002 shows. That's what we missed by John checking out early. It's like standing on the hill overlooking the promised land and then not getting to go down and enjoy.

Cheers,
Alan
"the average Texan...carries not just a gun but a SHOTGUN." --Pete Townshend, 1967