Re: Pino on Bass

> I like Pino.  Am I in the minority?

I don't think so.  Don't get me wrong; I don't *hate* Pino.  He's *very*
good.  It's just that he's also very bland.  He's solid & steady as op-
posed to forceful & expressive.

I can't get too mad about it.  The way I look at it is - if they're still
playing live, then that means I get to see Pete play guitar & Roger sing.
That's good enough for me.  That's good enough to put my butt in a seat.
OX is gone.  Pete & Roger aren't.  I love The Who.  Pete & Roger are in
The Who.  I will go see Pete & Roger.

> I think Pino is getting an unfair shake.  I think it is the Kenney Jones
> syndrome.

Ha!  Yeah, isn't it funny how some of the adjectives you hear from fans
describing Pino are the same ones some fans use to describe Kenney.

> But, I think Pino is alot better for the Who then Kenney was.

I disagree there.

> Give the poor guy a break.

Hey!  I went & saw four shows in 2002!  I gave Pino much more than a break!
I probably paid for a new pair of his slacks!

- SCHRADE in Akron

The Council For Secular Humanism
http://www.secularhumanism.org/