Re: Young Vic Moments

> > And I love the virginal tentativeness of "Won't Get Fooled Again."
> >...And Townshend noodles all throughout the keyboard break.
>
> That really is a treat, isn't it?  I loved it when I first heard it (on
> Blues To The Bush, I think), and it really surprised me when Who's Next
> Deluxe came out, to find that it was actually an old idea that had been
> revived.

I think Pete noodled there (during the synth break in WGFA) on & off
throughout the band's career.  Maybe not as much as he does on the
Young Vic version but he would, on occasion, play some quiet note pat-
terns there, almost challenging the quiet holy sanctity of that particular part
of the song.

The oft-booted '76 Swansea live version reveals some boldly intrusive
noodling by Pete during the synth break.  I'm sure there are others.

But on other occasions Pete could be quiet as a mouse!  Bless him.

- SCHRADE in Akron

The Council For Secular Humanism
http://www.secularhumanism.org/