Re: New Cd and new songs

Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:22:13 EST
From: Keithjmoon70@xxxxxxx

Alan,

Do you have kids?

No.

Having three kids of my own, I realize that they are each individual precious
vessels. I wouldn't and couldn't tell them something so "true" as what
Pete's mom told him. Maybe the neighbor would, but not me. Never. Those are the
three most beautiful faces I've ever seen and I tell them so often. They can
thank Pete in part for that someday.

That's an excellent thing to do. I'm not saying that Pete's mom's statement was good, or shouldn't have been better thought out. In fact, in a way I think of those lines in the song as Pete's revenge after all these years, exposing his mother's insensitivity for the world to discuss and condemn. Most parents never get that kind of comeuppance from their kids for their parenting gaffes. I'm just saying that to say that she lied to Pete is an overstatement. For you to tell your kids they are ugly would be a lie, because you don't believe it. In her case, I think the chances are that she was being honest, albeit in a tactless, hurtful, and even mistaken way.

Cheers,
--
Alan
"the average Texan...carries not just a gun but a SHOTGUN."