Re: Drawing the line

>Because one could feel its not the same anymore. Not better, not less, just
not what they're in for. You have to draw the line somewhere.

Lars:

Well put! You have to draw the line somewhere. I like that, it's the way I feel about the legacy of The Who. Although in my mind they've already crossed that line. Jumped the shark. Whatever you want to call it.

>Look at it this way: If your lover dies, the best lover you ever had, would
you give up sex forever, just because that lover is gone?

Jo:

Easy one: no, but I wouldn't have sex with the corpse, either.

> look guys...if your well went dry, you wouldn't sell the house...right?

>Now please explain what you meant by hoping The Who isn't this decades
Aerosmith:)

Sandy:

Only if you'll explain the well going dry. It's not that the well is dry, but you aren't getting enough water to survive from it. OK, so you either buy water (released Who archives and updated versions and so on) or you die of thirst.

As for Aerosmith, well they have to be the stereotypical "Oldies show tour band and revue" of the Rock era. Used to be the Stones but Aerosmith has beaten them at their own game, and ironically enough began their existance as a Stones cover band. Oh, and good one after Lars said "draw the line" as it's one of Aerosmith's album titles.

> Was there any politics behind this decision??

Jo:

Speaking of politics...I think it's time you folks in California have a TOTAL RECALL! Yeah, and message to Arnold: get your ass to Mars.

>What is the mountain top anyhow? All four member in 1975?

Jon:

To be fair, I didn't use the mountain top analogy. But I will say that it wasn't my best Who moment. That might be be listening to Quad for the first time. I don't know, I'll have to think about it. Greensboro NC 10/75 was my best LIVE Who moment, though.

> and is so glad that his son got to be there too to see Pete and Roger in person.

That's fine...I'd love to see Pete and Roger live in person. But not if they call it The Who. It's all about integrity, man. Something this country seems to have a distinct lack of these days, sad to say. But that will change 13 months from now.

>My opinion is if they didn't call themselves TheWho, Pete wouldn't play as he
does in TheWho, which he certainly does nowadays.

No he doesn't. Go back and re-read Jon Dawson's first words to me after Atlanta 2000. No, he's a much better guitarist NOW. And come ON, Jon! It's NOT going to sound like The Who without John Entwistle. Zak is great, and made the band come close to their Moon-era level. But ONLY because Pete AND John took up a lot of slack. Check out the difference between 1989 and 2000. Now there's ONLY Pete, and what I've heard of 2002 left me (as Sandy might put it) really thirsty.

>That is worth the ticket price alone to me.

What's wrong with seeing the DT's? WHY does it HAVE to be The Who. I think they'd have a LOT more cred with the Rock audience in general if they DON'T call themselves The Who. It's like the eternal Rock joke, "the next Who farewell tour." When they call themselves The Who, it's not for US...it's not for Rock fans in general...it's for those middle-aged clueless people who bought Who's Next because all their friends told them it was great, but they didn't like Quadrophenia because "it all sounds the same." and thought they were all dead by now anyway. IOW, Rolling Stones' audiences.

>I believe it's Double Vision. You may have been making a little joke, but it was a VERY little one.

Mc:

My jokes come in all sizes, and are for different people. Perhaps you don't know of private EMail conversations which make that joke more than YOU got out of it? Maybe? Ya THINK? Well, well, that's what happens when we rush to judgement...I guess it's kinda like believing there were WMD, huh? I believe it's your line now, and the script says you're supposed to say: "Der!"

> 1. The phrase is "...and I was wearing a Roger Daltrey cape..."

Steve:

Cake for me, and I don't mean the band. So I'll let someone else take it, but actually it's "I had a Roger Daltrey cape on..."

> So many factors affecting the actual buy/not buy decision.

Now, see, here we have a fan from the other end of the spectrum than me. I'll buy the CD regardless, but almost certainly won't go to the tour. You'll see them live but probably won't buy the CD. Room for all here.

>OK, people. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Mc:

I believe it's Enuff Z'nuff. You may have been making a little joke, but it was a VERY little one.

Cheers         ML

Please visit Generations on the web for frequently updated CD listings:
http://www.amazon.com/shops/mleaman2