Re: NewOperaTwinkle

>From: "Scott Schrade"
>Subject: Re: NewOperaTwinkle
>
>Right.  That's what I'm saying, too.  Kevin seems to think everyone (or
nearly
>everyone) at a Who concert is aware of John's importance to the band.  I'm
>saying a good percentage of them *aren't* aware of his importance & many
>would be hard-pressed to even come up with his name!

You said 40%.
Almost half!
Not even close.

>>  Bass is an underappreciated instrument to the masses and they are the
ones
>> that buy the bulk of the tickets.

And who do you think is singularly responsible for popularizing the bass?
Hmmmm?
John.

>Well, it's nice to see *someone's* grounded in a little reality.

You both are grounded in something, but it's brown and smells.

>But according to Cousin Krumple, since *he* knows Entwistle was the best
>bass player of all time, he feels most of the other Who concert attendees
should
>know that, as well.

John hates you now.

>>  Pete generates the excitement.  Face it, he is the source of all of this
Who
>> energy when they play live.
>
>True again.  Where were you five days ago when this whole argument
started?!

Oh yeah, sure.  Pete generated *all* the excitement for The Who.
Woa nelly, was '89 exciting.
And Keith did nothing.
Roger just might as well go home.
John's bass solo's in 2000 stunk.
I imagined all the cheering for John then.

OK.

>> I bought the entire 2002 tour on CD because I dug it so much.  Am I wrong
>> for this?  Am I stupid?

I purchased only CD's of shows I went to....for posterity.
I won't say you were wrong for buying *all* the 2002 CD, but I'd bet you are
perhaps one of about............10?

>So will me & Kevin.  Unless he refuses to let me in his Jeep.  ;-)

If you don't straighten out your English, you'll be relegated to the roof
racks.
Oh, and for gods sakes, bring more than one pair of socks.

>Wooden legs are not inherited but wooden heads may be.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....never mind.

Kevin in VT