Re: BIG NEWS on Pete's page

> Net result is that IMO excellent tickets will be harder to acquire even
> though everyone has a fair shot at them.

That's my feeling, as well.  The next Who tour might be one where I just
have to settle for "the regular seats."  But it's so tempting to want to
get close!

Apart from their stomach-turning prices, the ticket brokers were very
convenient.  Want a front row seat?  Boom, there it is.  Costs quite a
bit, but there it is.  Enjoy.

I used to do the whole camping out for tickets thing & I *never* got the
really kick-ass seats.  I spent a day & half camping out for Who tickets
in '89 & got like 40th fucking row!  It's not worth it.  (Incidentally, I
ended up selling those tickets & purchased two front row tickets from some
dude who won them off the radio.  Two front row tickets for $300.00.
A damn good price compared to today.)

But if they're only auctioning *front row* seats then someone could always
choose the option of getting second or third row seats, etc.  Maybe that'll
be the way to go.

And I wouldn't count the brokers out so quickly regarding the front row
seats.  As Alan stated, there seems to be some kind of covert connection
between the brokers & Ticketmaster.  Somehow, the brokers were able to get
buttloads of prime seats for every show.  I don't want to sound too con-
spiratorial but it seems like the brokers have people "on the inside"
<wink, wink> snagging the good seats.

The brokers are probably brainstorming ideas & strategies as we speak.

- SCHRADE in Akron

The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists -
that is why they invented hell.
	- Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)