Re: Kevin, you misunderstand

> Name-calling unnecessary.

Yeah, I think you missed the joke on that one, Mc.  Kevin was referring
to my comment that most rock fans were dolts.  It was just a joke.  And
remember that little pet peeve of mine about using listers' names in
subject lines......?  ;-)

> My only assertion is that Pete may have said he wanted Pino to play loud,
> but the overall sound he wanted the engineers to set was to mix the guitar
> and drums up and the bass a bit in the background.

I think we're forgetting here that even *Entwistle* wasn't mixed very loud
at the venues on the 2000 tour.

> but I think both he and Roger tell the engineers what they want in
general, > and then said engineers take care of the details.

I don't.  I think Pete & Roger leave that sort of thing up to their sound
crew.  All Pete & Roger need to concern themselves with is the stage volume
& stage monitors - whether or not they can hear things properly on stage.

I don't think Roger runs out to the middle of a venue during a soundcheck &
yells, "OK, Pete, play your guitar so I can hear how it sounds!"

We shouldn't need to go over this again, but keep in mind:  all venues are
unique soundwise, there are noise laws in each city, & things sound
different depending on where you're sitting.

And besides, the big high-ticket concerts just aren't loud anymore.

- SCHRADE in Akron

The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists -
that is why they invented hell.
	- Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)