Re: NewOperaTwinkle

	>From: "Schrade, Scott"
	>Subject: Re: NewOperaTwinkle
>
>Why you sick bastard.......you defaced a Who album.

Heh-heh.
I see it as completing my assigned task.
John asked us to connect the dots!
I followed like a good Who soldier.

>Too bad.  MTV was really kick-ass back in the early '80s.  You missed the
>Golden Age.  Your loss.

I guess.  Can't miss what you don't know.
And, I did see some.
I remember visiting a friend, and the room was filled with folk staring at MTV like it was a new technology or something.
I guess in a way it was.

>It's sad to say, but some Who "fans," the ones
>who go to concerts, don't really give a shit that Entwistle is gone.  Some.
>I said *some.*

Yeah, like 2.

>> I would argue (AND I WILL!) that John is/was *THE* most famous bass
>> player..ever.  EVER!
>
>That may very well be true but now it's you who has slipped away from the
>original argument. We're talking about people who attend Who concerts.

Not at all.  If you consider that John was the most famous bass player ever, then it's reasonable to conclude that this would pertain even more significantly to those that are actually attending Who concerts.

Next!

>Do we need to go into percentages?  OK.  I'd bet 40% of people at Who
>concerts couldn't name Entwistle.

Oh...me....Gawd.
40?
Man, that 4 sure has a bunch of points.
That must of hurt when you PULLED IT OUT OF YOUR ASS!

I'd put it more at 8%.
Nice and round number.
The 8% comprised of wives and children of the John fans who attend!

>There.  That should get your balls in
>an uproar.

Grrrrrrr?

>>No.  I'm saying that more people than you realize *won't* miss him.  Many
>>will.
>
>Some would.  The educated, intelligent Who fans.  The dumb, doltish *rock
>fans* won't.  They just enjoy going to concerts in the summer & getting
>fucked up.

Yeah, at $50-75 a pop for shit seats.
Right.
Hmmm, duh, let's go see The Who!  Is it really still The Who?  Who cares!  Well, it'll cost us a ton of money.
Who cares, I want a reason to get efed up.

I don't see it.

>Personal attack!  Personal attack!  Paul!  Paul!  Mommie!  Mommie!

They can't help you now.
Run, boy, run!

>Oh, I'm out there, buddy boy.  I'm out there.

You sure are.  Twilight Zone out there.

>"What do you think of Pete's new album," I asked?  "Too
>much damn talkin' on it," one of them replied in a hillbilly accent.  And
>this was at a *Pete solo concert!*

The pre-music-only *did* have too much talking on it.
Stu even didn't like that version.
I don't even *own* that version.
I have the music only.
So, AH-HA!
My point is proven by a non-dold rock fan who is sophisticated enough to attend a Pete solo show.
:-p

>Like the two goons I saw fighting at Boston I in 2002?

They were following Queensburry rules of boxing.
Quite sophisticated.

>And the two goons
>I saw fighting in Cleveland in '89?

That's just Cleveland for ya.
Dog Pound.  Dolts, etc.

>These are dumb rock fans out for a
>good time.  Plain old idiots.

Yeah, not like *us* sophisticants out getting hammered before, durring, *and* after shows.
And, doing it for 4-5 days straight!
Oh, but I did see you drinking a beer with your pinky up.

>Paul!  Paul!  He's hurting my feelings!!  I demand sanctions!!

Paul, keep your distance.  I've got the damn Akronite cornered, and I..mean..BUSINESS!

>Hangin' low, baby.  ;-)  ?

Ooooo, that's blimpin' ?
There's medicine for that ya know.

>My friend at work just asked me who was gonna play bass on the upcoming Who
>album.  "I hope it's not that Pino guy," he said.  "Me, too," I replied.

HA!
I SAY, I SAY....HA--HA--HA-HA.   AND,....HAAAAA!
Some friend at work, who probably is a very mild rock fan, knows about the loss of John, and is even such a non-dolt that he is concerned that Pino will again be the bassist.
Seeeee, there's a person right next to you who is already weighing the loss of John, his replacement, and whether he'll attend a show.
So........*HA* !!!!!!!!!!

>Wooo hooo!  ;-)

You mean boo-hoo?
Go ahead.