Re: New Who Brew...

> Am I the only one worried that a new Who album based on "The Boy Who Heard
> Music" would be commercial suicide on the level of Psychoderelict or The Iron
> Man?

No, I have the same fear.  It's a little early to be critical but Pete's synopsis of the
storyline doesn't really excite me.  Why is Pete writing about children?  The press
will have a field day with that.

> I really wish they would just come out swinging with a more straight-ahead
> ROCK album.

Well, the album may still rock.  Just because the storyline seems dodgy doesn't mean
the songs will be lame or weak-sounding.  I can't see Daltrey allowing that.

> I just don't think this is the right time for a new concept album...

Well, that's Pete "bag," isn't it?  He strives for something a little higher, something
a little more complex in his writing.  Sometimes the public is interested, sometimes
they're not.

> (I will buy it, but will anyone else?)

One strong song, released as the first single, will do wonders for the sales.  Let's
just hope the CD has one strong song!

I know this is all conjecture & I don't mean piss anyone off with my negativity.
I'll be rooting for the band & the album.  Hey, we're gonna get new Pete Townshend
songs, with Roger singing, & most likely Zak on drums.  We're pretty fortunate.

 - SCHRADE in Akron

Wooden legs are not inherited but wooden heads may be.
   - Edwin G. Conkling