Who on DVD/ Video

An update on recently received (or recently surfaced) Who/ related
dvd/ video....

Tanglewood, 1970
Surely the most significant here is the new 52 min. Tanglewood upgrade which
is now circulating.  This is an new alternate source (now the 3rd) which
has a counter and "Property of Bill Graham Presents" along the bottom (as
opposed to "Bill Graham Presents" on prev. copies).  Certainly lower gen,
smoother and richer, this runs from the intros up to 1/2 way through
"Eyesight" (yeah, we still must rely on the old slightly inferior footage
for the rest of this great show).

Springfield, Mass 12/14/75
8mm footage which someone has done a nice job synching sound to, this
footage features no complete songs, but contains many key visual
elements including: guitar smashing, Keith jumping over drums at end of
show, Pete's birdman.  These together w/ good sound and vantage point
make this footage some of the best private Who-film I've run across (with
the 25 min. 75 Chicago and 71 Forest Hills).

Buffalo, NY, 7/18/89
Footage put together by a collector and new to me, this features Pro
1-cam AJ/ Sparks, AQ and PW and is tied together with local news
coverage of both the 1982 and 1989 tour stops at Rich Stadium (89
show was very poorly attended for a number of reasons).

VH1 Classic Who Weekend,  6/2002
A collection of the 20+ Who videos on dvd including many from the
mid-60's and tougher ones to find like Saturday Night's Alright for
Fighting and DLGTC.  These are paired with about 10 mins. of
Roger interview segments from that weekend.  As bonus material,
PT vids of Rough Boys and LMLOTD were included.  Great to finally
have these videos in near-perfect condition (if you can look past the
network logo in bottom right corner!)

Toronto, 9/28/02
A better-than-average center-tripod-filmed (...whew) concert of
last show of 2002.  What makes this dvd a keeper for collectors is
that it has been linked with soundboard audio.

NYC,  Summer 2003
An August broadcast of Fine Living Channel's Fantasy Camp featured
Roger and the campers (who paid $6000) for the R&R Camp and
Bottom Line concert.  About 15 mins. is here w/ RD interview/
rehearsal and performance highlights.

...... and congratulations to our own Matt Jaffe for his acknowledgement
in the credits (disc 2) of Led Zep's official DVD....

All for now, Todd