Re: Getting Into (or sick of) The Who

In a message dated 9/14/03 10:54:53 AM, Kevin in VT writes:

<< >> They (The Police) were poised to enter the echelon of Beatles, Stones,
>> Who, Zep.
>
>I'm not so sure about that.  I'd have to disagree.

XXX.  Wrong choice.
Choose to agree!
There was no other decent band at the time.  Had The Police continued, they
would have taken control of the whole music industry.
Instead, we were left to listen to Madonna. >>

Just curious as to why you think the Police would have had such a lofty
position if they had stuck around.  They were good, but in the late 70's/early 80's
they had tough competition from the Clash, Mellencamp, Tom Petty, Prince,
Springsteen, Talking Heads, U2, etc... in digging a foothold to join the ranks of
the Beatles, Stones, Who, etc...  Whether any of them made it isn't my point,
just that the Police did have the competition and why you think the Police
was far above the others.

Debbie
Tiger

"And Staples Girls are so extraaaaaavagant...I just don't have that much
driiiiivvvvvvel..."  - Alan, 2/12/03