acdc and others in a Who band

> It's just a little odd, that's all.  You're in a cover band that plays
> like 80% Who songs & 20% songs from other artists.  That's just a weird
> ratio when it comes to cover bands.
>
> I could understand 100% Who.  Or 10% Who, 10% AC/DC, 10% Kinks, etc.
> Plus, when you started out, you kept calling your band a Who cover band.
> And technically that wasn't the case.
>
> But I don't fret over it as much as you might think I do.  80% Who is
> better than 0% Who!  Don't take my jabs too seriously.
> It's all in good
> fun.
>

> - - SCHRADE in Akron

Oddly, Scott, I have Thunderstruck playing on the computer right now.  Hey, I really don't take offense at your comments, and take them in the spirit in which they are made.

True, it is odd to play 80% Who and 20% other stuff, but I didn't want to start a band that was like everyone else.  I wanted us to be truly unique.  We have changed our description from a "Who coverband" to "A Tribute to The Who and the Legends of Rock."  Our main show is a tribute to The Who with other mini-tributes to other bands we want to pay homage to, such as Zeppelin and ACDC.  We are also planning to weave some more modern rock into Who songs, but only to a VERY limited extent.  Just to keep em guessing is all.

I think this concept has some irreverance attached to it, which is very Who-ish.  People (lots of them) keep telling us what we should be doing and we react by doing whatever the fuck we want.  That's the spirit of the Who.

We'll see how it goes, especially now that we have an improvisational bassist who understands Entwistle and have moved our old bassist to guitar where he belongs.  He's an Angus Young fan so you know he'll kick ass on stage.

AND, we play more obscure Who stuff like Relay, The Real Me, Success Story, and Another Tricky Day, plus famous Who covers like Young Man Blues and Shakin All Over.  Trust me, no one will mistake to whom we are paying tribute.

Mc