Re: Oct 28: Tommy Deluxe 5.1

Now that the secret's out of the bag regarding the "bonus CD," I have some
questions & comments.

> I was

"I Was?"  What the hell song is this?!

> Christmas (Out-Take 3)

OK.  I always liked "Christmas."

> Cousin Kevin Model Child

Hmmm.  We've already had this on the ODDS & SODS reissue, but, OK.

> Young Man Blues (Version 1)

Is "Version 1" the good version or the bad version?  It'd better be the good
version & not a duplicate of the version on the ODDS & SODS reissue, other-
wise, the hardcore fans who like to get pissed about such things are gonna
be
mighty pissed.

> Tommy can you hear me? (Alt. Version)

Uh.....OK.

> Trying to get through

What the hell song is this?!  ;-)

> Sally Simpson (Out-Takes)

"Out-takes?"  Plural?  Completed outtakes?  Flubs?  False starts?

> Miss Simpson

Hmmm....interesting.  An older Sally?

> Welcome (Take 2)

OK.

> Tommy's holiday camp (Band's Version)

OK.

> We're not gonna take it (Alt. Version)

This should be interesting.  Wonder if it includes an alternate "See Me,
Feel
Me" ending, as well?

> Dogs - Part 2

Er....what does this song have to do with TOMMY?

> It's a boy - Demo

Just "It's A Boy?"  What about "Overture?"  "It's A Boy" is like 30 seconds
long!  Perhaps Pete was embarrassed by his drumming on the "Overture" demo.
I still like it.  I love that sharp jolt of loud acoustic guitar when the
"It's A Boy" part begins.

> Amazing journey - Demo

This'll really freak a lot of you out who haven't heard the boot version.
Plenty of weird tape loops & bizarre noises.  The album version was toned
down quite a bit.

> Christmas - Demo

This is on ANOTHER SCOOP, isn't it?

> Do you think it's alright? - Demo

Another 30-second song.

> Pinball wizard - Demo

Hopefully this'll be the unedited version, unlike the one on ANOTHER SCOOP.
Anybody who bought the book Maximum R&B back in the '80s will already have
the unedited version, as it was included on a flexi-disc along with one of
Pete's "My Generation" demos.  The long version has more of the strumming
"solo" in the middle.  Nice chord slides by Pete.

- SCHRADE in Akron

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worship-
ped anything but himself.
   - Sir Richard Francis Burton (1821 - 1890)