Re: Deconstructing Pete & Single Man Dilemma/Blues

> Pete "destruction"?
> Dude, that's not fair.

Kevin:

I was in a hurry. Deconstructing Pete? Didn't I use
that one already?

> Really, there's only one person on this list that is
> vocally against Pete's recent decisions.
> Hmmmmm, who could that anti-continue as The Who
> person (cough, Mark!) be???

There is no longer a Who for me to be anti-continuing
about...I think...what were we talking about?

> Yes.  That's why he just recently posted a diary
> entry about it.

That was the end! Don't you know an end when you see
one? It's like an end table, only there's no table.
See?

> So, I don't buy this lame "oh, he's always been
> inconsistent" stance that some people are taking.
> That's a cop out, in my book.

But it's true! Occum's Razor, right Scott?

> Well, believe what ya want to believe...

I believe Pete doesn't sit and consider all of those
things when he writes. I mean, obviously when you
think about what he's written.

> Who said anything about LIBERATING?

Me, din'cha hear me?

> If you want to jump on the Jeff House band wagon and
> claim that anyone who even talks about the issue is
> Pete bashing, then well, you're on the same wagon
> with Jeff House.

Ah, you just want me to write the disclaimer again,
don't you? I never said that, but I am also entitled
to register my opinion that none of this is relevent
and it never fucking ends. It keeps getting brought up
for the slightest reason. I'm just tired of it. I
don't think he's a pedophile, no matter how bleeding
many times he visited sites. I don't care if his words
don't completely agree with every little thing he's
said in the past...that is hardly newsworthy. Yet the
discussion about how he might be after all but maybe
not, as such, goes on and on and on and never ends
like the Bush economy...

> And, I think that's what Pete would want his fans to
> do.

No, I'm sure he wants us to put his every statement
under a microscope and look for evidence he's hiding
something.

> I don't believe he just wants us to say "ok, gee
> whiz Pete, what ever you say.  You're God."

Who said that??? If he was God, then Bush would think
Pete wanted him to run for President, a possibility
I'm not able to accept on ANY level.
And while I'm at it...campaigning on World
Peace...BWAH HA HA HA HA! God I hope he does that.
Pass the butter, he's toast.

> I thought God made him do it????

I thought you said Pete was God? Maybe we're all God.
Thou Art God. Have a familiar ring?

> Still, like I said, even *that* version isn't
> phenomenal.

Scott:

However I like it better than the live version. It
does have a power. I especially like the strumming
while Daltrey sings the verses, not present on the
live version. Maybe it's because I've been listening
to the live version for 33 years. I might have it
tomorrow. If I'm lucky.

=====
Just say Yes to Wes!

        Cheers         Mark Leaman