Re: The Note That Began All....

> Shit!  It was *two* hours!

They got these new things out now called *TV Guides*......

> Damn, I passed out at about 8:45

Weak as water.  Weak as water!

> I'm filled!  I'm filled!

Take it!

> Isn't it really the "Sting Philosophy" ??

Ha!  *Sting* Philosophy!  Here we go with your Police bullshit again.  ;-o

> Can't test it.
> Can't see it.

Well, remember, Einstein's Theory of Relativity was untestable when he came
up with that, too.  But it was proven later.  String Theory makes predic-
tions that possibly could be tested in the next few years.  But, alas, we
may never actually see an actual string.

> So, then, Pete was right!
> There once *was* a note.

Pete was/is "in tune."

> Was it Pure and Easy though?
> *That's* what I want to know.

It was definitely pure.  I don't know about easy.

> Did ya notice that the Cello was the primary musical example.
> Ohhhhhh yeah!

That's right!  You play the Cello, don't you.  Along with the Skin-Flute.
I liked when they showed the French Horn - added to the Who feel.  (You
were probably asleep when they showed that, Kruzzle Krimple.)

> Music can just be a nice combination of notes and vibrations.

But why is it so essential in human culture from the earliest of times up
until now?  Why can't most people live without it?

> So, obviously, vibrations are integral to how we perceive the world
> around us.

One of the developed senses, yes.  Maybe nearly as important as sight.
Animals that evolved ways to pick up sound vibrations were much more likely
to escape stalking predators & hence pass their genes onto more offspring.

> It is the most pure form of emotional communication.

But why?  When you think about it, music is comprised of very unnatural
sounds.  You have to go out of your way to make music & melodies.  What is
the core reason, the drive, that made humans seek it out, both to hear &
to play?

> And if he threw his guitar while on the sun, we wouldn't see it for 8
> minutes later!

You liked that Sun example, didn't you?  ;-)

> Is it logical then to conclude that some people have a greater space-time
> warping than others?  ;-)

Ha!  Of course.  The more mass (or ass!), the more warping.

> New ad campaign.....
> "Eat at McDonalds.
> Increase your space-warp."

I know *my* space/time warp has increased in the last ten years!  Space gut!

- SCHRADE in Akron

Most institutions demand unqualified faith; but the institution of science
makes skepticism a virtue.
     - Robert Merton, 1962