Re: TOMMY Deluxe SACD

> Did I mention LOUD DRUMS AND BASS!?

What format were you listening on, Bruce?  I didn't notice any dramatic
increase in bass & drums on regular CD "mode" (which is all I have).

"Underture" seemed to have the bass beefed up, but that song always *did*
have a more distinct bass sound than say "Sparks."

It just sounded to me like the overall *frequency* of the bass was boosted
not an increase in the actual bass *track* - which is impossible on the
regular CD format because Pete didn't do *any* remixing for that, using
instead the pre-mixed master tape from '69.

However, Pete *did* remix all 8 original tracks for the 5.1 surround sound
version.  So, *that* format may contain beefed-up individual bass & drum
tracks.

- SCHRADE in Akron

Most institutions demand unqualified faith; but the institution of science
makes skepticism a virtue.
     - Robert Merton, 1962