Re: The Note That Began All....

In a message dated 10/27/2003 10:25:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
This has always intrigued me in the context of Pete's song "Pure & Easy"
with its mentioning of eternal notes, chords of life, simple secrets,
& vibration.

And the "string" in String Theory isn't just cute word-play.  The strings
of a musical instrument, such as a guitar, *are* an apt analogy.

However, instead of creating a myriad of "notes," the varying vibrations
of strings in String Theory create different fundamental particles (i.e.
quarks, electrons, etc.).
I just saw the fascinating two hours about this on PBS as Scott suggested.
I've also been listening to PD with the dialog in recent weeks and the things
that Spinner was saying lets me know that Pete is onto this "string theory" in
some fashion.

This is some brainy stuff I know, but it can be broken down into some cool
discussion for any who are interested in this facet of Pete's vision of things.
This is a legitimate Who topic.  Pete is really onto something I believe.

Jon in Mi.