Re: petty

> Mc:
>
> Not enough variety in his sound. And too derivative.
> His sound is pure Roger McGuinn/Byrds. And it's never
> changed much. With The Who, every album sounded
> different from the last, until WAY anyway.

You need to listen to the She's The One soundtrack (all petty), and the album with the white and silver cover (can't remeber the name of it right now, even though I have it).  Seems that many of the songs depart quite a bit from the general Petty sound.  That being said, I agree with just about all you have written.

Mc