Re: Pete's Statements

>I'm sorry, but it feels like these are two different stories.
It pains me, as a Townshend fan, to even think this.

They seem to be different stories, but the underlying message is
that Pete is not a pedophile.    I know we'd like to have the
*truth* all the time, but I'm sure that Pete and his legal
representatives had to say what was necessary to avoid a charge.

>To be clear, I'm not calling anyone a liar or anything, but damn, had Pete made this not so subtle distinction right at the very beginning, it could have avoided months of speculation by the media, the public, and fans.

As I recall, Pete did speak out in the beginning, then went silent
as the police reviewed the case.

>I'm at a loss.
Not the first time.
Hoping someone can sharpen the fuzziness.

Kevin:   I don't know if what I said sharpens things, but
Pete was and is in an awkward position.  With this recent statement
he said he feels the need to defend himself.   Apparently what
he said (or didn't say ) before was not clear.

Joe in Philly