Re: PD

In a message dated 10/19/2003 7:21:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kevinandt@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I don't like the premise that we don't have control.
Everyone has the ability to make decisions, to remain loyal, to just say
"thank you but no", and *that's* the thing you can do about it.
Hey Kevin!  Glad to see you around.

I enjoyed your post, so I will add my two cents.

You see, *this* is what I admire the most of all about Pete Townshend.  This
is complete honesty.  To admit weakness and to admit the real situation is so
refreshing.  That doesn't necessarily mean that you "agree" with the weakness,
but that you are clear enough to identify that there is one.  We all have
weakness in one way or another.  Every one of us.

Help comes when we let go; when we admit that we are not in control.  We can
control a few things and some can control many things.  Some are strong and
some are very frail, but are the strong ones fair to require of the weak ones
the same output?  What if they just can't lift it?  I'm not talking about
physical strength.

Pete said "you can't do a thing about it."  I believe him, man.  And I think
you know what he's talking about.  It is the same as his admission in HMIB
when he said "There ain't no way out!"

When you run into something that is too heavy to lift, the answer is simple.
You just go and get Someone who can lift it.  But if one tries to fool
oneself into thinking that one *can* lift it, one never gets the help,  and they
stay where they are in the matter.  Helpless.

Jon in Mi.