Re: New Diary Entry - PT

>I need to defend myself against the idea that I went looking for images on
>any pretext whatsoever.

Whew.  This lightens the load of this ordeal significantly, for me at least,
because there always seemed to be a buzzing in my mind when I pondered what
Pete was up to in the first place.  We never knew the details behind Pete's
participation; images of him sifting through lurid pictures of small children
has been (and still is, unfortunately) the perception of most.  Myself
included.

His diary post makes me feel much better about the situation.  A good old
fashioned understanding goes a very long way.  NOW, when confronted with the
uninformed opinion, I have something to say; something solid and concrete.

Just recently, while we were trying to come up with a new set list for my new
band, I strummed out "Substitute" on guitar.  The bass player said, "Yeah, a
Who tune or two would be good to do." (Bless his heart).  The drummer then
said, "The Who?  Aren't they a pedophile band?"  (Yes, I'm thinking about
getting a new drummer...)  I told him that the pedophile thing was a big
misunderstanding, and blah-blah, and no charges filed, etc...  His reply,
which is the standard reply I get out there in the field, was "yeah, but those
rock stars got money, they can get out of anything."  How do you argue with
that?  I can't at least, and therefore I felt like I couldn't defend Pete in
such situations.  It was futile.  But now...  If the conflict in my own mind
is resolved, then I can soundly defend Pete and - change his detractors'
opinions.  I feel good about this, real good.

Pete's explanation is sound enough for me and gives me a better understanding
of his intentions in this matter.  In other words, Pete's credibility in this
matter has suddenly stabilized in my mind, whereas before, it's was pure blind
faith baby.  For me, it's a powerful affirmation, and my faith in Pete/The Who
has been justified, by this simple explanation alone.  Thank you Pete because
now when I put your music on my stereo, I won't have that little buzz in the
back of my mind asking, why did you do what you did?  And what did you view
that brought the world down around you?  I feel better.  I feel a lot better.
A round for the House... on me.

It's a good day, when those are so few and far between lately.  Thanks Jo for
posting...

Jim in Colorado