Re: The McFly furher

Scott chimed in:

>I must say, I hate "Now & Then," too.  Sounds like a Peter
>Cetera song.
>Blech!

Ouch! I really like this song. If you strip away the backingvocals, and crank up what sounds like a harmonica of
some sort, you get this nice bluesy, seafaring sorta
vibe that just pours melancholy all over the place.

You and Mc are entitled to your opinions Scott but in my
opinion, this is one of Pete's overt love songs.   It is
in the same category as The Shout only in Now & Then
Pete is at the beginning of the relationship (or
realization that this strong feeling is love),
whereas The Shout is thick in the abandonment stage.

In both he is singing directly to the subject of his
infatuation, love, pain, agony, etc.

I dig it! Can you dig it?

On another topic, my son and I watched TKAA this weekend.

What a wonderful piece of art, and an important piece in
the history or should I say "legend" of The Who.

Thanks to Jeff Stein for this film.  I remember seeing
this in college around 1982 or 1983 and being blown away.

Several scenes are priceless including the Happy Jack
footage.  Who plays the policeman in that?  Anyone?

My son is nine, and I have to keep telling him to watch
important parts like when Pete throws his guitar off
stage at Woodstock, or when Keith's drum kit explodes.  He
is mostly digging the music with head down, while playing
with his Legos on the floor.  So, when the Keith S&M scene
comes on, I will not mention anything and hopefully he will
not put his head up to watch.   Well, the music stops, and
he immediately looks up to see this wonderful woman whipping
Keith in this wonderful outfit.   My wife looks over and
motions for me to stop, but it is too late.  The questions
start pouring in from the little guy.   I do my best to
field them with clinical precision with a little humor
and a few winks and nods thrown in.

Too funny! "Can you get on with it? Try and keep it together, will you?"

Joe in Philly