Hurray for Captain Spaulding

Fox:

>"fucking Grouch"? Did I say anything insulting to you?

No, I was trying to make light of what I thought was a rather harsh statement
of yours towards Jo's "Ox" post.  I thought her post was pretty heartfelt and
let's face it, kissing The Who's and/or members' ass is what the list is all
about.  But so is the free ability to post criticisms too, so I apologize if I
appear harsh myself.  I thought your criticism was like giving your wife a
bowling ball for your anniversary, if you know what I mean.  I threw a subtle
Monty Python reference at the end of my statement (Way to go Joe in Philly - a
cigar for catching it) hoping it would lighten the mood some.  I should've
used a Groucho Marx quote instead... maybe?

>Obviously I didn9t like it: I'm not into worshipping
>I don9t feel like Jo and I thought this was a forum where this could be
>said. Apparently I was wrong

No you aren't wrong and I didn't mean to condemn your statement at all.  Again
I apologize if it came across like an attack.  Just was a little taken back
with it is all.  I think by your reaction to my comment, you get a pretty good
feeling how Jo probably felt reading yours.  No hard feelings and none
intended.  I suppose she's a big girl and can take care of herself though.  I
feel a kind of kinship with her, what with those slinging boobs and all.

Mc:

>In addition, it is an entirely specious argument to use Face Dances to
represent Pete's Who material and stack it up against Psycho-D.  That's like
comparing the >Cowboys and the Pittsburgh Steelers, and using the 71 Steelers
and the 93 Cowboys and saying the 90s Cowboys were better than the 70s
Steelers.  It's ridiculous >to take the best of one and the worst of another
and claim it's a fair comparison.

This argument would have been better had you used the '85 Bears analogy
instead.  Dik-ka...  Buk-kus...

Jim in Colorado

"Would you mind crossing the boulevard when the lights are against you?" -
Groucho