Re: Pete solo (Psycho-D) v Pete Who (Face Dances)

> >You are obviously free to feel the way you do, but I have to say that Pete's Who material, IMHO, is WAY better than his solo stuff, judged as rock music.
>
> Mc:
>
> Yeah. Face Dances was WAY better Rock music than
> Psychoderelict. Uh huh.

Well, Mark, now that you mention it, I actually prefer both YBYB and ATD over all but one song from Psycho-D (An English Boy).  The Psycho-D concept was extremely creative and the music was exceptionally well-written and produced, but to me it just doesn't rock enough for my taste.

In addition, it is an entirely specious argument to use Face Dances to represent Pete's Who material and stack it up against Psycho-D.  That's like comparing the Cowboys and the Pittsburg Steelers, and using the 71 Steelers and the 93 Cowboys and saying the 90s Cowboys were better than the 70s Steelers.  It's ridiculous to take the best of one and the worst of another and claim it's a fair comparison.

It would be obvious to most, that I was not claiming that every single Who song is better than every single Pete solo song.  On the whole, the Who stuff is better ROCK music.  Most of Pete's solo material, and even Who demos, don't rock like Who songs (shit, what does?).  Let's compare Quadrophenia to Psycho-D if you want a fair comparison.

As I said before, you are welcome to your opinion.  I simply disagree respectfully.

Mc