Re: Half a Who: that's ALL you got

>Beginning with CFNYC and going through 2002 Roger's
voice sounded MUCH better than it had in 2000 or on

Ken:

So...who was that singing for the band, then? I just put BBE from CFNYC on DVD, and his voice is clearly NOT as good as it was in 2000. And, too, I've heard the Shoreline and Detroit shows. I hear what I hear. Sure, both of us can cite individual moments but I'm talking overall concertwide performance.

>Seems to me that if her spirit and soul are still present, it doesn't matter what

Mc:

Whatever you have to make yourself believe...I just wonder if you apply the same standard to Aerosmith, for every single argument you guys have used could apply just as easily to them. Have they the "spirit and soul," or are they just cashing in on past fame?

>Well, it sounds like we can't jump-start Mark.

Jon:

That's right. You can't con me into believing in fairy tales. And you know, it kinda saddens me how easily some Who fans are able to dismiss John's (and Keith's) role in the band as mere "body parts" or pretend "the spirit's still there" when all that it boils down to is a transparent attempt to make something into something it used to be a part of, but IS NO LONGER and what's more NEVER CAN BE AGAIN.

Once again, it's very simple: if Ringo and Paul went out, it would NOT be The Beatles. Almost anyone would agree about that. The same applies (even more so, considering the level of musicianship) with The Who.

Cheers         ML

Please visit Generations on the web for frequently updated CD listings:
http://www.amazon.com/shops/mleaman2