Re: Another day in Who-ville

Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 22:50:36 EDT
From: Keithjmoon70@xxxxxxx

You can say what you want about Daltrey, but his voice diminished even
between 2000 and 2002.

Really?  I thought he sounded stronger in 2002, to my surprise.
I agree, Kevin.  But it may depend on the show. (should I have use a semi
colon there or something? Alan and Scott-help!)

A comma. Starting sentences with conjunctions ("but", "and", etc.) is sub-optimal, so you don't want to leave it as written, but a semi-colon joins two complete sentences so it doesn't work either, for the same reason. Or an em-dash ("--" in ASCII) would be fine, for variety. Oops, the preceding sentence started with a conjunction. Damn!

Ah, screw the grammar, are you coming to Whola II? Thought I saw something to that effect somewhere but I may have misinterpreted.

Cheers,
--
Alan
"American military power, especially when buttressed by Britain's, is virtually unchallengeable today. Take us on? Don't try! And that's not hubris, it's just plain fact." -- Wesley Clark