Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V10 #293

> Unfortunately, I guess Scott is right about Cleveland.

Well, let's be fair.  Cleveland, for all its faults, was still one of
*the* major American "rust belt" cities which helped establish The Who
in America back in the '60s.  And Pete genuinely loves the city & claims
to have many friends ("real friends") living there.

> I saw "Daltrey Sings Townshend" in '94 and it was absolutely fantastic!
> However, the place was half empty, and it was a pity.

I was at that show, too, Chris.  Last show ever at the Richfield Colis-
eum (where the B&W footage of "Dreaming From the Waist" on the 30 Years
video/DVD was filmed).  Yeah, the place was only half-filled.  If that.
That's the night me & my friend Jeff "jogged" with Roger during WAY!  :-)
He jogged & gazed at us the entire time (we were in like the 5th row) with
this huge grin on his face, & like good Who soldiers, we jogged right
along with him!  I'll never forget that moment.

Plus, Jeff & I each brought a sign to that show.  His had a big "O" on it
& mine had a big "X" on it!  ;-)  And when OX hit the stage he new instant-
ly that we were overjoyed to see him!  "OX"  (It was all Jeff's idea &
amazingly I had to be talked into it!)  OX gave me & Jeff the "point &
thumbs up" when he left the stage.  I'll never forget *that,* either.

> I think, in reality, that the show got scheduled so late, that every
> fan from Cleveland got tickets to Columbus.

That's what I thought, as well.  I had a Columbus ticket already so I
held off getting a Cleveland ticket, & before I knew it, the show was
canceled.

>imagine how boring it would be sitting through over 8 minutes of only
> bass if you were listening to someone besides John

Ha!  Very true!

> I am more convinced than ever that Pino must be replaced.

I feel the same way.  But Pino's now logged quite a few minutes on Pete/
Who projects & tours.  They might feel he's just the man for the job
rather than going through the tedious process of calling up other bass
players.  Obviously,....we'll see.

> Pino is right now on the Simon & Garfunkel tour I think, so maybe he
> won't even be available.

I've got tickets to see Simon & Garfunkel at the Gund!  I'll have to post
a "Pino Update" after the show!

> -Chris in Cleveland (at least we have LeBron)

LeBron,....who hails from.....Akron!  ;-)  See how it all ties together?

- SCHRADE in Akron

Nature does not deceive us; it is we who deceive ourselves.
	- Jean-Jacques Rousseau (1762)