Hilary Duff Alters Pete's Lyrics! Oh, The Shame!

Hilary Duff rocks the Sunset Strip

By Dean Goodman

http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusgen/reuters11-23-134825.asp?t=XXENT#body

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 23 - Hilary Duff's new album is called "Metamorphosis,"
but the title might best describe the teen pop star's follow-up, which
she hopes will be a rock 'n' roll effort.

And her dream would be to work with veteran rockers Aerosmith, who are
still living down their gig with Britney Spears at the Super Bowl in 2001.

"I think everything in this day and age is going more rock, and that's
what I want to do on my second album is not have it so pop," the 16-year-
old former star of the Disney Channel's "Lizzie McGuire" series told
Reuters backstage at the Roxy Theatre Saturday, where she performed a con-
cert that was streamed live on AOL Broadband.

"But I don't think my album is bubblegum at all. It is considered pop
music, but everybody's considered pop music. It's popular, you know what
I mean?"

To prove her point - or maybe not - Duff wrapped the hourlong show at the
Sunset Strip venue with a bubbly version of The Who's anthem "My Genera-
tion," negating Pete Townshend's glib death wish to "I hope I don't die
before I get old."

The pre-schoolers in the crowd just kept on dancing, evidently unperturbed
by the edit.

"Metamorphosis" reached No. 1 on the U.S. pop album charts, and has sold
1.2 million copies since its release in August, according to Nielsen
SoundScan. It currently ranks at No. 16.

The AOL Broadband concert, which can be viewed on demand for the next week,
marks another front conquered by Duff in her quest for world domination.

Her third movie of 2003, ''Cheaper by the Dozen,'' starring Steve Martin,
opens in theaters Dec. 25. Before that, she will play a series of radio
station-sponsored Christmas concerts across the country.

Reuters/VNU

- SCHRADE in Akron