Re: real good looking boy, another view

> While all those out there are wailing and gnashing their teeth, saying that "Real Good Looking Boy" is a terrible song...EVEN THOUGH NONE OF US HAVE HEARD THE DAMN'D THING YET...I strongly suggest that we all withhold judgment until we hear the song's lyrics...and music...and judge it in the context of > The Who's new CD, WHICH HAS YET TO BE RELEASED!!!
I don't think anyone has said that it is a terrible song, nor that it will or will not fit in with the overall topic or theme of the album.  What many of us are concerned about is that the NAME of the song will needlessly create a firestorm of criticism and ridicule from an ignorant public.  The public isn't going to care about the context or the lyrics, as they clearly did not care about the actual facts regarding the Pete/kid porn situation.  VERY few people bothered to get all the facts surrounding it.  They simply assumed it to be true and made jokes.  A song with this name will re-awaken the same ignorant perception and jokes of the previous controversy for NO REASON AT ALL.  That is our point.  Of course WE as Who fans will wait to hear the song(s) before forming opinions... the public, unfortunately, will not, UNLESS Pete and Roger themselves engage the media to clearly explain the concept.
Mc