RAH TCT Show and WHO Equity

Schrade wrote:

>> I'm not sure about the legitimacy of this story.  It's from another list
& didn't include an actual link.

and then Jim wrote:

>> I guess the interesting bit is that the RAH spokesman doesn't know what
Pete's talking about.  That makes sense, given that their web site has no
mention of any events on that date.  Sounds to me like Pete spoke out of
turn.  Interesting, though, that *nothing* is scheduled for a two week
period around that date.  Is something being arranged that hasn't been
officially announced yet?   I double checked, and there is now an event
called "Classical Spectacular" scheduled from March 25th to the 28th.

Didja go here:

http://www.teencancer.org/z/pages/calendar1.html

and see that the RAH benefits are indeed scheduled for 3/29/04 thru
4/2/04???
Hmmmm?  Betcha didn't!  :O)

It's indeed true, they are booked and will play.  No, I do not have ticket
info, sorry.  When I get some I will post it.

Joe asked about What's Your Who Equity?

Egad, it's a frightening number.  Considering on the 2000 tour alone I blew
$10,000.

Between bootlegs, legit CDs, books, shirts, magazines and the like, I would
guess probably at least $8,000.  Maybe more.

Hell, it's probably cost me about $500 in cards and postage alone *just this
year*.... as I write to Pete every week.

I would be interested to know what my more personal items would be estimated
at for their worth.  No one could ever offer me enough money for my Horse's
Neck book that Pete signed "I love you too, Jacqueline"  (with a big X for a
kiss as well!) or the pictures I have taken of JAE just hangin out, or the
pictures my friend Terry has given me.  Particularly stunning is the 16x20
of Pete walking onstage at Woosdtock in 98, wearing a black leather jacket
and sunglasses and flashing a peace sign.  Would someone want it?  If so, I
guess it would sell for about $300 as it is professionally framed in a
gorgeous teak frame.  Would that person promise to gaze lovingly at it every
day?  Probably not. (and therefore in my eyes doesn't deserve it, no matter
how much $$ they want to pay for it).

And what about peripherals?  The main reason I got a computer was so I could
get on all the WHO lists.  I hounded my husband to search the web at work
back in 96 to find info about The WHO and saw that Odds and Sods existed.  I
was ecstatic and within 2 months we had built me a computer so I could join
it....(ah, my little 486.....she was slow but dependable!)....so where does
the counting up of items which are seemingly not "WHO" stop?

In anycase, I haven't regretted a penny spent or the time I needed to invest
to make any of those pennies.  When I am 65, my first check from The WHO's
Association Of Retired Fans will come and I will be looked after.....
Wot?  There is no WHO Association of Retired Fans?

I'm fucked.

jacqueline