Re: open mouth kisses

> I for one was never attracted to her (Sinead) sexually.

Oh, I was/am.  Partly because of her anti-establishment look (the shaved
head, the combat boots) & partly because she has one of the most beautiful
faces I've ever seen.  Huge transfixing eyes.  Strong Irish nose.  Girlish
bashful smile.  A face almost as beautiful as Pete Townshend's!

> however, her music (especially when she started) is very impressive

Her first album, THE LION & THE COBRA, is a masterpiece.  Written, arranged,
produced, & sung by Sinead while in her early twenties, & while pregnant!

I used to draw comparisons between Sinead's singing approach & the Who's
music.  How Sinead could go from gentle subtlety, almost a whisper, to
screaming, barely-controlled anger & power, all within the same song.

Her second album, I DO NOT WANT WHAT I HAVEN'T GOT, is, IMO, not as rivet-
ing as her first, but still quite good.

After that, her albums are hit or miss (mostly miss) & usually only contain
2 or 3 passable songs.

> and I feel she's one of the most misunderstood artists of all time.

Maybe.  But let's face it:  she's pretty much bonkers.  She has some ser-
ious, serious issues she's been battling all her life.  She's not exactly
what one would call "stable."

And I about shit myself when I heard she was going to sing with Roger at
Carnegie Hall for the DST shows!  And when I finally watched the video, it
was like a surreal combination of two of my passions, on stage together,
doing "Baba O'Riley" of all things.  Perhaps I *did* shit myself.  I can't
remember.

Then I buy that DST CD & goddamned Sinead was edited out of "Baba!"  What
gives?  I mean, she did have some questionable notes but it basically
worked for me!  Maybe it was a contractual thing.

> just think that she tore the picture of the pope on SNL in protest of
> the vatican sexually abusing children, which is now all of a sudden out
> in the open.

Well, I think most of her anti-Pope feelings dealt with the Catholic
Church's
repression of women (especially in Ireland).  But, yeah, gotta give it up
for Sinead - courting controversy, speaking her mind.  It all bit her in the
ass (she was booed when Daltrey introduced her at Carnegie Hall) but she
rarely backed down.

Still, she's quite bonkers.....  But oh so beautiful.

- SCHRADE in Akron