2004 RAH Show

I'm not sure about the legitimacy of this story.  It's from another list
& didn't include an actual link.

==========
Townshend, Daltrey to Salute Albert Hall
Tue Nov 18, 6:05 PM ETAdd Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Jonathan Cohen
NEW YORK (Billboard) - The Who principals Pete Townshend (news) and Roger
Daltrey (news) have signed on to perform at a March 29 concert celebrating
the 150th anniversary of London's Royal Albert Hall, according to Townshend.

However, a spokesperson for the venue denied any knowledge of the planned
event. It's also unclear if Townshend and Daltrey will perform on their own
or backed by a band.

"Roger and I are facing our 'new' Everly Brothers format with excitement and
trepidation," Townshend wrote on his official Web site
(http://www.petetownshend.co.uk). "I sense great chaotic madness ahead."
Townshend reports that he and Daltrey recently recorded a new song, "Real
Good Looking Boy," with help from touring Who drummer Zak Starkey (news),
keyboardist John "Rabbit" Bundrick (news) and Townshend's brother, Simon.
" played brilliantly and Roger and I were bloody useless," Townshend said.
"But what do you expect of two such creaky old tossers?" Emerson, Lake and
Palmer's Greg Lake (news) filled in for touring bassist Pino Palladino, who
is on the road with Simon & Garfunkel.

And while that session appears to mark the first steps toward the first new
Who album in more than 20 years, Townshend's latest post is vague on the
details.

"I am back in my own studio again preparing songs and visual material for
some kind of future project, which I hope will provide a pathway of some
kind for Roger and me in the future," he said.
Reuters/Billboard

- SCHRADE in Akron