Re: let go of my hand

> Regarding Pete, I think the day Pete Townshend starts writing his music for
> the sole reason of appealing to the masses and looking only to please fans and
> non-fans alike, is the day Pete has *lost it* and really,
> really needs to
> retire.  IMHO.
>

> Jo

Hey, I don't want him EVER to compromise on his art simply to please the masses.  This is what I love about Pete and The Who.  HOWEVER, I don't think he should go out of his way to alienate the masses and hold himself, The Who, and his fans out to ridicule.  He would not compromise his artistic work one iota by simply altering the title.  The song could kick huge ass, but the public and the media won't care.  It'll be a joke of the day, and that's not what The Who is or ever should be.

Mc